Turnaround & Restructuring
When it comes to helping management stabilize financial and operational considerations in uncertain environments, experience counts.
For 30 years, ABTV’s accomplished team of professionals has applied its insights, practical solutions and execution skills to quickly take the action steps necessary to achieve successful outcomes for companies in distress. Many of our professionals have earned the Certified Turnaround Professional designation attesting to our expertise. And we have served in interim management roles—Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Restructuring Officer—as part of turnaround and restructuring processes.
In order to achieve the best possible outcomes in uncertain environments, we anticipate issues, manage expectations, and use our experience to work with management to:
- Analyze the company’s strategy, organization, marketing, sales, operations and finances
- Review and analyze the company’s historical and current financial statements
- Review and analyze the company’s projected income statements, balance sheets and cash flows, along with identification of key revenue and expense drivers influencing profitability and cash flows
- Prepare projected cash flow and working capital analyses
- Identify strategies and action steps needed to achieve targeted changes and improvements to key revenues and expenses
- Analyze key liquidity elements, projected cash position scenarios and the steps and strategies needed to improve them
- Implement liquidity management changes needed to control and improve cash flow and cash positions
- Review all revenue and products/services to identify margin improvement strategies and action steps
- Rightsizing tactics may be used to identify and liquidate unprofitable segments of a business to mitigate losses and improve overall profitability. Learn more about rightsizing here.
- Implement operational restructuring across all functional business areas
- Develop, review and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Analyze and evaluate short-term, intermediate and long-term viability issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Provide critical analysis of non-core business areas and activities, and evaluate potential divesture
- Review capital, financing arrangements and banking relationships, including financial covenants stipulated in lending agreements
- Prepare and analyze financing and capital options, including negotiating and executing new agreements
- Evaluate potential investor and/or exit strategies
- Prepare “go-forward” restructured strategic operating plans and detailed execution steps
- Provide pre-bankruptcy planning, if needed and necessary