Charles P. (CP) Davis
Senior Managing Director
CP Davis is a senior operating, finance and restructuring professional whose career spans over twenty-five years, serving both family-owned and private equity-controlled businesses by executed restructuring, revitalization, and business improvement initiatives in senior executive positions including CEO, COO and CRO. He also held functional leadership roles in sales, operations, manufacturing and supply chain.
As an advisor to private equity firms, he provides diligence and assessment services to portfolio company management and their boards. He also served in sales, operations and logistics roles for large consumer branded companies, including Frito Lay/Pepsi, Lance and Campbell Soup. Mr. Davis has broad experience across many industries including construction, consumer goods, durable goods, direct-to-consumer, home services, and specialty textiles.
Some select assignments and experience include:
– As President of a privately-owned specialty and performance textile manufacturer, Mr. Davis led the transformation of the company into one the most recognized and respected companies in the outdoor fabric industry.
- Managed domestic and offshore operations for outdoor fabric weaving and finishing, bedding, furniture and automotive non-wovens, cut & sew apparel, footwear, and sporting goods fabrics.
- Restructured operations to eliminate unprofitable segments while repurposing others to produce higher-margin, faster-growing products.
- Launched an international channel sales group and developed a multi-year weaving partnership with a major designer.
- Recruited and upgraded the sales and marketing organization and contracted with an innovative design team.
- Led highly successful M&A sell-side efforts to a foreign buyer that preserved the workforce and provided transition services to fully integrate the business.
– As the CRO and interim CEO for a women’s apparel and athletic uniform business with cut and sew operations in the U.S. and Nicaragua, he guided the company through a major financial and operating restructuring and put the company on a much sounder footing.
- Shed non-core assets and significantly reduced debt.
- Reorganized personnel and operations into more efficient entities while refocusing senior management’s priorities and stressing management accountability.
- Implemented tighter fiscal discipline including fiscal controls and reporting.
– As COO of a private equity-owned business in the home services/foundation repair industry, Mr. Davis led expansion efforts in its three core locations, including new satellite branches in key growth markets and the acquisition of independent, family-owned operators throughout the Carolinas and Virginia markets.
- Acquired and integrated four foundation repair companies in less than 18 months.
- Managed underperforming locations while recruiting and onboarding new general managers.
- Created a sales operations team and developed an in-house training program to develop and mentor new managers.
- Developed performance reporting to monitor and improve field operations, crew productivity, job completion and customer satisfaction.
- Developed improved compensation and gain share incentive programs for senior management.
– As President and CEO of an 85-year-old family of companies producing technical textiles, he led a major restructuring and turnaround effort to improve organizational and operational capabilities and the capacity to support sustainable, profitable growth.
- Streamlined the organization to reduce expenses and inventory levels.
- Restructured senior secured term debt to provide additional liquidity and support future growth.
- Realigned management to address key channels serving the bedding, furniture, cold chain/protective packaging and automotive markets.
- Led the acquisition of a manufacturer of technical nonwovens for the automobile/ transportation industry, which was significantly accretive.
– Advisor to private equity firms, conducting diligence, assessment and transition services for portfolio companies and providing advisory services to the boards and CEOs of portfolio companies on an ongoing basis.
– Advisor to small and mid-size businesses looking to accelerate or revive growth with improved market strategies and customer engagement, while optimizing internal operations including process control, financial management, organizational structure, and technology utilization.
Mr. Davis began his corporate career after serving eight years in the U.S. Army as a logistics officer with deployments in Central America, Grenada, and Europe. He is a Distinguished Military Graduate (DMG) from the Virginia Military Institute and earned a Master’s from George Washington University while on active duty. He also completed the Advance Management Studies program at Yale School of Management. He holds a Six Sigma green belt and a Commercial Banking and Credit Analyst (CBCA) designation from the Corporate Finance Institute. He is a member of the Turnaround Management Association, Association for Corporate Growth, Institute of Internal Auditors and the Private Directors Association.Download Contact Information V-Card