Virginia R. Dunn
As a senior finance professional, Ginny Dunn brings to ABTV more than 35 years of diverse experience in both the corporate and Big Four arenas as CFO, senior manager and consultant. Her extensive background in transformative environments has focused on not only financial and accounting operations but also capital projects and strategic initiatives, including financing transactions aggregating over $3 billion. Ms. Dunn has provided services in such areas as business planning and strategy, capital raising and refinancing, mergers and acquisitions, turnaround management, performance improvement, risk management, human resources, cash management and accounting operations. She has served organizations ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 500 companies and other high-profile entities.
Ms. Dunn has also served in the role of court-appointed Receiver for companies undergoing restructuring and liquidation. Ms. Dunn’s industry experience includes real estate, construction, financial services, government contracting, technology, retail, manufacturing, distribution and motorsports as well as non-profit, higher education and state government. Her deep real estate expertise covers virtually all industry segments and encompasses REITs, capital transactions, acquisitions and dispositions, project development, investment management, and investor relations.
Ms. Dunn began her career at Deloitte where she gained extensive experience with private and publicly traded companies in a range of complex activities, leading audit and consulting services as well as debt and equity capital raising. At a $2.5 billion commercial bank as Vice President, she directed corporate accounting, financial and regulatory reporting, conversion to a new IT system, and strengthening of internal controls for regulatory compliance. As CFO of a newly formed real estate affiliate of a Fortune 500 company, she structured and administered a $150 million secured line of credit and a $40 million subordinated debt arrangement while spearheading IPO activities and due diligence for the acquisition of fifty commercial properties. She was also the CFO of a commercial real estate developer and manager where she led all joint venture developments in addition to directing corporate finance and related activities.
Select assignments and experience include:
- Receiver for a troubled investment firm after the death of its investment manager amid investigations by government agencies.
- Financial Advisor to a distressed middle-market technology company, assisting with forbearance negotiations with its senior secured lender and identifying recommendations for performance improvement.
- Financial Advisor to a $1 billion real estate investment firm, evaluating its wind-down strategy and identifying additional areas for savings and improved efficiency.
- Financial Advisor to a senior secured lender regarding its loans with a specialized construction contractor, evaluating its financial condition and business operations in addition to assisting with the preparation of cash flow projections.
- Interim CFO of a $100 million global chemical company, leading a cross-functional team that increased profitability by more than 50% in one year. Improved cash flow, addressed risk exposures, and resolved legal and contractual issues. Also advised on executive hiring, created new employee incentive programs, and evaluated a potential foreign acquisition and related private equity funding.
- Financial Advisor for an international middle-market company, successfully negotiating a new credit facility providing increased liquidity and significantly more favorable pricing.
- Interim CFO for a $600 million publicly held community bank group, providing enhanced asset/liability risk management through modifications to financial modeling and the initiation of interest rate hedging. Also chaired asset/liability management committee, administered investment portfolio, and streamlined budgeting, management reporting and accounting processes.
- Financial Advisor to a technology start-up on strategic and business planning activities as well as capital needs, successfully sourcing additional equity investment for the next development stage.
- Interim chief financial and administrative executive of an independent college preparatory school founded in 1901, directing business operations, implementing a new accounting system, administering the endowment fund, managing a major plant expansion, and securing related bond financing.
Ms. Dunn graduated magna cum laude from Duke University with a BA in Management Science. She was a CPA in Maryland and holds a real estate broker’s license in North Carolina. In addition to her participation in the Association for Corporate Growth, Turnaround Management Association and Charlotte Economics Club, Ms. Dunn has served on numerous non-profit boards and committees focused on economic development and education.Download Contact Information V-Card