W. Burke Mewborne, III
Mr. Mewborne is a senior finance, operating and restructuring professional with over twenty-five years of experience as a CFO, interim manager, and management consultant to business owners, senior management teams and distressed company stakeholders. He has provided services including interim crisis management, interim management duties, company assessments, financing/refinancing services, as well as facilitating negotiations with the IRS, vendors and financial institutions. Mr. Mewborne also has experience in a variety of start-ups including his most recent work with the formation of the private practice of the largest group of independent primary care physicians to exit a hospital corporation.
Mr. Mewborne has extensive experience in financial accounting systems, merger integration, operational improvements, debt management and refinancing, and has worked in a variety of industries including healthcare, electrical contracting, light manufacturing, food manufacturing, retail furniture sales, retail photography services, nonprofit and technology.
Some select assignments and experience include:
- Integral member of consulting team advising and assisting the largest group of primary care physicians and specialists (one-hundred physicians) to leave hospital employment and start an independent practice. Assisted with financing and systems selection and installation, and responsible for all asset purchases and coordination of logistics for outfitting eleven clinics in eight permanent locations and five temporary locations. Managed the company’s largest vendor relationships (McKesson and LabCorp) and established the Value Based Medicine program which resulted in over $1.4 million of revenue in the first year. Supervised construction, startup and operating of a central lab for blood and urine testing with an annual volume of over 400,000 tests. Assisted in the setup and operation of the practice’s two “drive-thru” COVID19 testing centers.
- Chief Restructuring Officer for a highly distressed $10 million electrical contractor. Stabilized operations and crafted a sale which was coordinated with the IRS and company’s primary senior secured lender.
- Practice Manager of a $4 million ophthalmology practice, hired by the estate after the owner’s sudden death to stabilize operations and negotiate the orderly sale of the practice.
- Interim CFO hired to manage the post-acquisition integration of an acquired $22 million manufacturer/reseller of urban surveillance systems into an international integrator.
- Managed the startup operations of a non-profit research institute, including selection of all systems, vendors and related services.
- General Manager of the largest food processing plant of a $130 million privately held manufacturer of canned meat and chicken products.
- CFO of a $77 million private holding company with fourteen furniture retail stores in five state.
- CFO of $30 million manufacturer of large animal bedding.
- CFO of two successive internet startups with responsibility for all financial and Human Resources activities.
- Director of Operations for a private startup photography studio which grew to eight studios in five states.
Mr. Mewborne began his career as a lender with the predecessor of a money-center bank, serving Fortune 1000 corporations. He received his Bachelor of Science from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, where he was a Morehead Scholar and Student Body Treasurer.Download Contact Information V-Card